I am an enthusiastic, motivated and experienced tutor of over 10 years.I have had great success in preparing students to gain entry into their desired schools and I thrive to see my students progress and achieve their chosen grades in their subjects.
I prepаre students fоr the 11 plus аnd оther entrаnce exаminаtiоns, speciаlising in Mаths, English, Verbаl аnd Nоn-verbаl Reаsоning.
I speciаlise in KS2 аnd KS3 English аnd Mаths
I teаch GCSE Sciences- Biology, Chemistry and Physics (AQA, EDEXCEL, OCR, Welsh exаmining bоаrd)
I hоld the Cаmbridge CELTA certificаtiоn quаlified in Teаching English аs а fоreign lаnguаge (yоung аnd аdult leаrners)
DBS (CRB) Check: yes [We have collected and approved this users CRB/DBS certificate]
Reference: On file
April 2004University of Essex
MSc in Sports Science (Fitness and Health) - Merit
Cardiac Rehabilitation volunteer (Phase II at Walsgrave Hospital, Coventry).
June 2002 Manchester Metropolitan University
B Sc (Hons) in Physiology and Health
April 2016 Level 5 Diploma in Teaching and Education plus assessor (currently in progress)
July 2012Certificate in
Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (University of Cambridge (CELTA)
June 2004TEFL (Teaching English as a Foreign Language) Certificate
Level 3 Diploma in Yoga (Jan 2016 currently in progress). Association for the advancement of meridian energy techniques - Emotional Freedom Therapy, Levels 1 and 2 Qualification (Feb 2016). Medical Tourism Specialist Certification (Jan 2016). Advanced Diploma in Past Life Therapy (April 2015). Advanced Diploma in Neuro-Linguistic Programming (April 2015). Reiki Master, Tera-Mai and Seichem (Jan 2015), Association of the British Pharmaceutical Industry qualification (Oct 2007)
Oct 04 to date: Science/Maths Expert and Tutor
I started my teaching career whilst lecturing during my Masters Degree in 2004 and took on a role as an online Tutor to help fund my study. Since then as a personal part-time tutor, I have rapidly built up a base of customers of all ages and abilities through personal recommendation and accreditation with. A great motivator in my passion towards teaching was the six weeks I spent teaching English to 6-11 year olds as a volunteer at a school in Thailand in 2003 and more recently during a career break in 2012, travelling in Asia, I was involved in training teachers and setting up a school curriculum in Nepal. I have recently been covering as a Science teacher at a secondary school and also experting, writing and delivering Science and Maths courses at various schools throughout the UK.
Schools worked, subjects and levels taught, length of placement
* Jan 2016– current - Supply teaching at various schools including Cardinal Newman School and Grace Academy, Coventry
* April 2016 - Maths Expert for Higher Level Maths Hi-5 Course at Uckfield Community Technology College, Uckfield – 5 days/ 30 teaching hours
* April 2016 - Science Expert for GCSE Science Exam Focus session held at Knole Academy, Sevenoaks – one day/ 6 teaching hours
* Mar 2016 - Science Expert for GCSE Science Topic Focus sessions at King Edmund School, Essex – two days/ 12 teaching hours
* Mar 2016 - Science Expert for GCSE Science Topic Focus day at Morpeth School, Bethnall Green – one day/ 6 teaching hours
* Mar 2016 - GCSE Science Revision Course written for Mortimer Community College, South Shields, UK – two days/ 16 hours
* Feb - Mar 2016 - Seva School, Coventry – KS3 Science for year 7 students – one-month cover / 72 teaching hours
* April 2014 - ST Thomas Moore School, Walsall – Science GCSE Focus Topic Expert for Year 11 students - one week course/ 20 teaching hours
* Feb 2014- June 2014 - Nuneaton Academy, Warwickshire – Year 11 GCSE Science and Maths intervention teacher
* Sept 2010- Sept 2012 Manchester Grammar and Withington Grammar Schools, Manchester - 11 Plus Grammar School Exam Preparation classes held.
Responsibilities include lesson plan preparation that engages and motivates the students, planning and preparing the school curriculum, utilising assessment for learning, individual learning plans and effective classroom management.